PNW Powered Parachute & Ultralight Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNW Powered Parachute & Ultralight Forum

A place for Powered Parachutes and Ultralights to share their passion with other like minded people.

Established May 12th, 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragwing Rider

Ragwing Rider

Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" Empty
PostSubject: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:57 am

Good morning All!
We're getting close to our fly-in date! The dates are starting on Wed. 6/30 thru Monday 7/5. Feel free to come & leave when you like.

Several of us are driving down on Sat. 6/26 to Beasley Dry lake to make sure all is a go there or come up with a plan "B" if needed.
I will send another announcement that afternoon with finial plans & directions.

For those of you who don't know, Beasley Dry lake is located just south of Ft. Rock, OR. about one mile. Ft. Rock is approx 65 miles south east of Bend, OR. If you go to Google Maps & find the town of Ft. Rock it will show Beasley just to the south east of town.

There should be plenty of room for everyone to camp but plan on dry camping only. Bring lots of water. There is lots of room in all directions for take off & landing.

There are a lot of geological features around that area to be seen from the air & explored from the ground. So if you have a motorcycle bring it & we'll do a lot of riding during the day.

This is a very informal non-sanctioned event.

We are planning on a Pot luck dinner Friday evening if any are interested.

Feel free to e-mail or call me if you have any questions!

Lonnie Ramey
Ragwing.rider@yahoo.com
541-325-1692
Back to top Go down
PPC_Mike
Admin
PPC_Mike

PostSubject: Thanks Lonnie for keeping us updated!   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:24 am

We appreciate the update...I just hope this wet spring we are having starts to dry up...that lake
could be mud city. Does one of your group live close?
Sounds like a great place to fly should be a blast!

Mike Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" 423347

Ragwing Rider wrote:
Good morning All!
We're getting close to our fly-in date! The dates are starting on Wed. 6/30 thru Monday 7/5. Feel free to come & leave when you like.

Several of us are driving down on Sat. 6/26 to Beasley Dry lake to make sure all is a go there or come up with a plan "B" if needed.
I will send another announcement that afternoon with finial plans & directions.

For those of you who don't know, Beasley Dry lake is located just south of Ft. Rock, OR. about one mile. Ft. Rock is approx 65 miles south east of Bend, OR. If you go to Google Maps & find the town of Ft. Rock it will show Beasley just to the south east of town.

There should be plenty of room for everyone to camp but plan on dry camping only. Bring lots of water. There is lots of room in all directions for take off & landing.

There are a lot of geological features around that area to be seen from the air & explored from the ground. So if you have a motorcycle bring it & we'll do a lot of riding during the day.

This is a very informal non-sanctioned event.

We are planning on a Pot luck dinner Friday evening if any are interested.

Feel free to e-mail or call me if you have any questions!

Lonnie Ramey
Ragwing.rider@yahoo.com
541-325-1692
Back to top Go down
https://pnwpoweredparachute.forumotion.com
Ragwing Rider

Ragwing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 am

The closest anyone lives is about 65 miles away. That's why we're not going to check it out until the last minute!

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
PPC_Mike
Admin
PPC_Mike

PostSubject: Plan B ?   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:28 pm

I hear that...130 mile round trip just to check it out.
Whats your "Plan B" spot ....another dry lake?

Ragwing Rider wrote:
The closest anyone lives is about 65 miles away. That's why we're not going to check it out until the last minute!

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
Ragwing Rider

Ragwing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 pm

We're going to meet up a few miles from Bend & then ride our motorcycles down to Beasley, so it will be a fun trip!

There are several options for plan "B". There is a Forest service strip not far away but not much room for a lot of folks. To the east past Christmas Valley there is another dry lake that should work. But for now I'm just hoping that Beasley works because it's the BEST! Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" 850471
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 am

Ragwing Rider wrote:
We're going to meet up a few miles from Bend & then ride our motorcycles down to Beasley, so it will be a fun trip!

There are several options for plan "B". There is a Forest service strip not far away but not much room for a lot of folks. To the east past Christmas Valley there is another dry lake that should work. But for now I'm just hoping that Beasley works because it's the BEST! Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" 850471

What kind of bikes are you riding? I'll be bringing a KTM 530 and a Yamaha TW200, as well a a couple minibikes.

We just returned from a 1500 mile off road trip on our bikes through the deserts of NV, I'm just getting the ride report going here: CLICK HERE FOR THE RIDE REPORT

See you there!

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Ragwing Rider

Ragwing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:52 am

Quote :
What kind of bikes are you riding? I'll be bringing a KTM 530 and a Yamaha TW200, as well a a couple minibikes.

A few years ago several pilots around here bought some 200 cc imports. Me, I just ride a very simple & slow "79" honda trail 90 I bought last year.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
PPC_Mike
Admin
PPC_Mike

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi Lonnie...I ride an old Rv-90...we call it the "fat Thing"....not fast but good in the sand
with the fat tires

Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" 1973_r10

Ragwing Rider wrote:
Quote :

A few years ago several pilots around here bought some 200 cc imports. Me, I just ride a very simple & slow "79" honda trail 90 I bought last year.

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
Ragwing Rider

Ragwing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:36 am

Mike,

At one point I looked at the Honda Fat cat but you can't license it. I have a Polaris 4x4 ATV already & was looking for something that was light weight, got good mileage & I could ride on public roads. So I settled on the trail 90 & it suits me well. Won't be the first guy there but I'll catch up in time! Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" 206672

So now I put the SixChuter in the back of my pickup, the honda on the back of my camp trailer & this way I have most of my toys along!

One thing to consider... Most areas to explore around Beasley will require riding on
public roads. So if your bike is not licensed... you'll be taking a
chance.
Back to top Go down
PPC_Mike
Admin
PPC_Mike

PostSubject: Rv-90   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:26 am

Never thought of that the Rv-90 is not licensed...hmmmm
Guess I will be limited to off road...a little late to come up
with a new bike at this point....oh well it still will be fun

Ragwing Rider wrote:
Mike,

At one point I looked at the Honda Fat cat but you can't license it. I have a Polaris 4x4 ATV already & was looking for something that was light weight, got good mileage & I could ride on public roads. So I settled on the trail 90 & it suits me well. Won't be the first guy there but I'll catch up in time! Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" 206672

So now I put the SixChuter in the back of my pickup, the honda on the back of my camp trailer & this way I have most of my toys along!

One thing to consider... Most areas to explore around Beasley will require riding on
public roads. So if your bike is not licensed... you'll be taking a
chance.
Back to top Go down
Ragwing Rider

Ragwing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:33 am

If I remember right there are a lot of gravel roads out there & while they are public it
might not be that much of an issue if you just stayed on them. I suspect that most of the farmers out there ride their ATV's on those roads all the time anyway.

I just wanted to let folks know...

Lonnie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"   Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update" Empty

Back to top Go down

Central Oregon mid summer fly-in "Update"
Page 1 of 1