PNW Powered Parachute & Ultralight Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PNW Powered Parachute & Ultralight Forum

A place for Powered Parachutes and Ultralights to share their passion with other like minded people.

Established May 12th, 2010

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glad to see fellow pilots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnbaumer@yahoo.com

Glad to see fellow pilots Empty
PostSubject: Glad to see fellow pilots   Glad to see fellow pilots EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:54 pm

Dear Friends,
I have been flying my DM 503 for over 10 years now and love it. I started with a 500 sq ft square and when that needed to be retired, I bought a used Chiron. I had no idea how much I loved that chute until yesterday when I finally got to fly a chute I bought last winter. I had 2 chute folds with the chiron and decided it was time to retire that one. If you like to play around with your Chiron like I did and need to add extra links to get the chute to come up properly, BE CAREFUL. I am sure that I had some Devine help when I found myself spiraling very rapidly towards the ground from 300 feet. My first thought was " I wonder if it will hurt much to die", then a strong impression "FULL POWER". Did it scare me, well things happened so fast that I did not have time to be scared, but I did head straight for home to land. Well, back to yesterday. I don't remember my 500 being so slow and non responsive. 3 or 4 hundred extra rpm just to keep it up and when I reduce power to land, DOWN it comes. As you noticed by now, I am in the market for another parabolic. Been a long time since I researched chutes. I would hope that Chiron has cured the stretching lines thing. Would love to hear some recommendations from fellow pilots. BTW I had flown the Chiron in some terrible turbulences before without any folds, they came when the extra links were added which meant it was out of rig.
Back to top Go down

Glad to see fellow pilots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNW Powered Parachute & Ultralight Forum :: Main :: New Members-
Jump to: